Square Enix has released Final Fantasy VIII Remastered for iOS via the App Store and Android via Google Play. It is currently on sale for $ 16.99 until April 4, after which the price will change to $ 20.99.
Final Fantasy VIII Remastered was first launched for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch and PC via Steam in September 2019.
Here is an overview of the iOS and Android versions, via the store pages:
Final Fantasy VIII was first released on February 11, 1999. Loved by fans, this title has gained a lot of popularity, even compared to other installments in Final Fantasy franchise, which sells more than 9.6 million units worldwide. And now players can enjoy it Final Fantasy VIII on his smartphone! With renewed character CG, the world of Final Fantasy VIII is now more beautiful than ever before.
This section is a remaster of Final Fantasy VIII for PC. This application is a one-time purchase. There is no extra charge for downloading.
It’s a time of war.
The Republic of Galbadia, under the influence of the sorceress Edea, mobilizes its large armies against the other nations of the world.
Squall and other members of SeeD, an elite mercenary force, join hands with Rinoa, a resistance fighter, to fight against Galbadia’s tyrannical rule and to prevent Edea from fulfilling his ultimate goal.
■ Key features
- Guardian Force (GF) GF is summoned creatures in Final Fantasy VIII used to protect the protagonists. Call them into battle to unleash power and to increase their power along with player figures. By connecting GF, players will be able to enjoy greater freedom in how they approach matches.
- Drawing – Get magic in Final Fantasy VIII by drawing (drawing) it in battle. MP does not exist and players are limited to the number they have in their possession. Magic that has been retrieved can be released on site or stored for later use.
- Crossing – This system allows players to equip GF and create magic into characters to increase power.
■ Additional features
- Camp Assistant – Maximize HP and ATB meter during battle and activate Limit Breaks at any time.
- No meetings – Players can choose to turn Battle Encounters on or off.
- 3x speed – With the exception of certain cut scenes, players can choose to continue through the game at 3x speed.
■ Please read before playing
Getting in or leaving cars such as cars and the garden can sometimes get your character stuck between the vehicle and the off-road functions, or freeze the vehicle in place. This seems to happen more often when you leave the vehicle near impassable terrain, or when you try to enter or leave your car during certain scripting events. Currently, the only solution to this is to load a previously saved game, so remember to save the progress often.
Some places can be difficult to navigate using Speed Boost (x3). We recommend that you turn off this feature in such cases.
Be sure to check the FAQ section of the support page for solutions to common problems.
We apologize for any inconvenience these issues may cause, and thank you again for your interest in our product.
Watch a trailer below.