Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout starts its fourth season on Monday, in an 80s future. Ahead of the launch of the new season, developer Mediatonic has begun tweeting out some details about new levels and modes. This includes a mysterious new addition called “Squads Mode”, tailored around teamwork.
You can check out the complete patch notes for season 4 at the bottom of the page.
Squads Mode puts players on a team of four who all work together and share in the glory if only one of the teammates reaches all the way to the crown. There are some special Squad rounds specifically for Squad games, such as Squad Race and Squad Survival. The lowest scoring troops are eliminated from each game type.
In addition to Squads Mode, there is also a new section of Daily Challenges. Players can compete in these challenges to earn Fame and Crown Shards. Crown Shards are new in season 4, and players can collect them through the Daily Challenges or via Squad Mode. When players collect 60 Crown Shards, they earn one Crown. This will help players of all skill levels to earn more money to spend in the store.
Season 4 also offers seven new round types. You can read about them all in the note notes below, or see them in action via Fall Guysseason 4 Twitter thread.
All of these rounds, currencies and the new squad mode will appear in the game later today.
Here are 4 patch notes for the whole season Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout, with permission from the game̵
Season 4 Rounds
- Skyline Stumble – Our new 60-player glove features a wide range of fresh futuristic obstacles, including low gravity zones, Forcefields and lasers!
- Hoverboard Heroes – Set sail towards slimy seas when players dive and stumble across dangerous obstacles. Drive out the chaos on the hoverboard to the finish line or eliminate the face!
- Basketfall – Get together to shoot some hoops in low gravity. This is the future of Fall Guys, so prepare for a very stupid number of basketballs … and triple hoops!
- Short circuit – A new type of racing round drops beans on the grid and drives them through the lap after the lap of gravity-challenging, obstructed scattered chaos!
- Power Trip – Stumble on the future funk dance floor and light up the tiles in a battery-powered battle for disco dominance!
- Big shots – Have you ever wondered what it would be like to stand on a See Saw while inflatable stars, magnets, gamepads and miniature Saturns were shot at you? Now you know.
- Scroll on – It’s a rollout … but a race !? In this classic theme round, 60 players strive for the finish line over a series of rambling rotating drums. Do not fall off!
New feature: Squads Mode! Qualify together as a group of 4, with your entire squad claiming victory if any of you win the final round!
New round type: troop race. Score points for your squad by crossing the finish line- The higher position you are, the more points you earn! The lowest scoring troops are eliminated, so every squad member’s performance matters!
New round type: Troop survival Get points for your squad by staying out of the slime! The lowest scoring teams are eliminated, so try to target other troops and throw them out of the game!
New feature: Daily challenges Log in every day to receive new challenges to earn bundles of fame and crown jewels!
New currency: Crown Shards Earn 60 Crown Shards to turn them into a shiny new crown! Collect clues through challenges and troops, and check your balance on the Show Selector screen.
- Robust beans We have improved Fall Guys to be more robust when we take hits from other players. No more ragdolling just because another bean brushed you in the air!
- Resolved some ragdolling and excessive jumping issues in some rounds, such as relentless ragdolling on Hex-A-Gone after colliding with another Fall Guy
- Fixed bugs related to ledge climbing in some levels such as Wall Guys, such as sweat animations that fail to play, and inability to climb a ledge when a flipper is present.
- Increased physics performance for distant players, leading to a generally smoother experience
- Improved character behavior when carrying objects around
Flow after elimination: you can now quit at any time after being eliminated, no longer waiting for the next round to load
- Fixed text showing that 40 players are needed to start a game on limited number playlists (IE Hex-a-Gone Trials)
- Fixed 16/15 eliminated viewing on Thin Ice
- Fixed the qualifying item not reduced in value when a player is eliminated during Slime Climb
Other repairs and improvements:
- Fall Mountain will now spawn players in a single line, so no one is at a disadvantage
- Improved victory moment and flow at the end of the episode
- Reduced use of network traffic, which should alleviate some of the latency-related issues
- Fixed Fall Guy cuts through the yellow conveyor belt section and gets stuck on Slime Climb
- Improved hoops that score reliability and fixed issues such as scores that are not updated on Ski Fall
- Resolved visual finish issues in some cases such as looking at or rotating the camera at some angles
- Fixed Fall Guy reacting twice on the platform next to the mountain top after falling into the abyss at Freezy Peak
- Fixed invisible Hex-A-Gone tiles in both spectator mode and during normal play
- Fixed several players reacting in the same place on Ski Fall
- Fixed flicker of the finish and lack of X-ray overview from Fall Guys when a player grabs a transportable object near a wall
- Fixed poor performance in the Outfits menu when browsing with many available items
- Fixed flickering clouds on Perfect Match
- Permanent disqualification at Door Dash after the players have crossed the finish line in the forgotten book
- Fixed camera that swings backwards after a user has answered again in Knight Fever
- Fixed checkpoint does not trigger in Tundra Run if a Fall Guy is hit high enough in the air
- Fixed number of players who qualify above the qualifying limit in all rounds of the race type
- Fixed invisible collisions in the air when a Fall Guy hit off the flippers during Knight Fever
- Fixed Fall Guy with fitted costume as standard bean during an episode
- PS4: Fixed the blurry area around a Fall Guy on PS4 Pro
- PS4: Fixed memory issues on Base PS4 when opening the customization with all cosmetics unlocked
- PS4: improved performance and stability in menus and on certain rounds
- PC: Fixed ‘Back’ and ‘Random’ buttons do not work in the Customiser menus with the mouse