The updates allow you to customize your Facebook news feed, and give you the ability to select friends whose posts you want to prioritize. You can also switch between regular feed (which is determined by an algorithm) and sorted chronologically, with the most recent posts first. Finally, you will be able to control who can comment on a public post from a menu of options, ranging from anyone to just the people or pages you tag.
How to change the settings on Facebook to fine-tune the way the site works for you.
How to control what you see on your Facebook news feed
To use Facebook’s new settings, according to support:
1. On the desktop, click the down arrow at the top right of the screen.
2. Select Settings and privacy> News feed settings.
From there you can select the following:
- Manage favorites, to select the people and pages you want to prioritize, which means their posts appear higher in your news feed. Some friends and sites are already prioritized based on information such as previous interactions. You can add up to 30 friends and Pages to your favorites.
- Stop following, to choose which people, pages or groups you want to stop seeing posts from (even if you still want to be their Facebook friend, like the page or belong to the group).
- Reconnect, to follow a person, page or group you did not follow before.
- Snooze, which allows you to restart, stop or add more time to the people, pages or groups you have “postponed” for 30 days.
How to view your news feed chronologically instead of based on Facebook’s choices
To see the latest posts temporarily in your Facebook news feed, go to your feed. Click on the menu on the left See more. Click At the latest. To go back, just reload the page.
This feature is available on desktop and Android devices right now, and will roll out to iOS devices in the coming weeks, according to Facebook.
How to control who comments on your Facebook posts
To change who can comment on your public posts, do the following:
On the desktop, click the down arrow at the top right of your Facebook page.
2. Select Settings and Privacy> Settings. Click on the menu on the left Public posts.
3. Go to Who can follow me, and make sure Public is selected, not Friends.
4. Click next to Public Post Comments Edit, and choose who is allowed to comment on your public posts: Public (everyone, even people who do not follow you), Friends (only your Facebook friends, those tagged in the post and their friends), Friends of friends (all your friends and all your friends),
You can also choose who can comment on individual public posts on your profile. This is how:
1. Go to the public post on your profile and click on the three-point icon at the top right of the post.
2. Click Who can comment on your post? And choose who is allowed to comment on this individual post: Public, friends or profiles and pages you mention. If a profile or page is not in the selected comment group, they will not see the comment icon below the post, but they will see that you have restricted who can comment on the post (this is similar to).
For more, check it out, and .