Even those who had a relatively healthy relationship with technology before the pandemic may now be in a different position – one where they interact with some type of monitor for almost all of their waking hours. Between Zoom meetings, virtual visits, your actual job, and using TV as a way to turn off after all the other screen time, you may be looking for an excuse to shut down everything – at least for a day.
Now the team at Reviews.org has one for you: they will pay a person $ 2400 to do a 24-hour digital detox. Here’s what you need to know.
What you have to do for the money
Of course, the challenge involves more than just avoiding screenshots for the day: the chosen person must give the company feedback on the experience, and review their “techless 24-hour survival kit” (more on that a bit).
So what does disconnection mean? According to Reviews.org, someone must be willing to disconnect from all personal technology (emergencies excluded) for 24 hours, including:
- No cell phone
- No TV
- No game consoles / handheld gaming devices
- No computers / laptops
- No smartwatches or portable technology
- No smart home devices (smart speakers, smart vacuum cleaners, etc.)
An exception to this is a microwave oven, which you are still allowed to use to heat your food during the 24-hour period.
If you are selected for the digital tax challenge, you have 14 days to choose a day that works according to your schedule. After the challenge, you must submit screen time reports to prove that you really walked the entire 24 hours without your technology.
What you get
If you are chosen to take the challenge, you will receive:
- The official title of “2021 Digital Detox Challenger” in U.S.
- $ 2400 (USD) as payment to complete the challenge
- A day without judgment scrolling, bad internet memes or Zuncle fatigue
- A fuse box to store your technology for 24 hours
- A $ 200 Amazon gift card to assemble a technology-free survival kit
The techless survival kit is basically your choice of items from Amazon, worth up to $ 200 in total, which will help you pass the time without your devices. Here are some suggestions from the company (though) they are also open to your ideas):
- A typewriter that replaces the laptop
- Board games to replace video games
- Write stationery to replace text messages or emails
- An abacus to replace the phone’s calculator
- Books from the bestseller list to replace the time you spend browse social media
- Paint and brushes to create a self-portrait instead of taking selfies
How to apply
Anyone who is at least 18 years old and eligible to work in the United States is eligible to apply. Just fill out this application within kl. 19 EST Friday 26. March 2021. Reviews.org announces the names of those who were chosen to be detox challengers on March 29 on their YouTube channel.