Mamma Mia! Nintendo announced today that they are killing a new mobile game. Mario World, which was launched two years ago, will be discontinued on November 1, 2021, at 06.00 (UTC).
“Thank you for playing the Dr. Mario World game,” notes Nintendo. The service for the Dr. Mario World game will end on November 1, 2021 (Mon). We would like to thank everyone who has played the game since it started service on July 10, 2019. “
According to the company, from today, diamonds will no longer be available for purchase in the game.
Nintendo says that after November 1, a message will appear to players stating that they can not play the game. On the other hand, the company says it will create a Dr. Mario World Memories website, which will be available after the game̵
“To enable delivery of the Dr. Mario World Memories Service, a portion of your player history will be stored on the server so that it can be referenced to Dr. Mario World Memories.
To delete your player history, go to Delete save data in the app and delete your storage data. ”
Dr. Mario World is one of the few mobile games Nintendo has discontinued over the years. So far, Miitomo (2016), Pokémon Duel (2016) and Pokémon Rumble Rush (2019) have been discontinued by the company.
It is also worth noting that Pokémon Shuffle Mobile (2015) and Pokémon: Magikarp Jump (2017) have not received an update for several years, and their developers do not intend to add more features to these games.
Since Nintendo started launching mobile games, it had big hits like Super Mario Run (2016), Fire Emblem Heroes (2017), and of course Pokémon Go (2016), which recently exceeded $ 5 billion in revenue after five years of launch. .
The next big success for Nintendo may be Pokémon UNITE, which will be released for mobile in September. Do you play Dr. Mario World? Which of all the mobile games Nintendo launched is your favorite? Tell us in the comments section below.
FTC: We use revenue-generating auto affiliate links. More.
Check out 9to5Mac on YouTube for more Apple news: