Zelda Week is nearing its end, bitches
It is with great sadness that I must announce the end of Zelda week here at Destructoid. In recent days, we have put together a series of articles about The legend of Zelda in marking the 35th anniversary. When Nintendo announced a Direct this week, I was sure it would be a big blow-out for the franchise, much like it did with Super Mario. Alas, all we got was the confirmation Skyward Sword HD.
There are still 364 days left for Nintendo to hold a kind of official celebration for The legend of Zelda, but today Destructoid has covered you with a summary of all the articles our authors published in the last week. Put yourself in because there are some good readings below.
- We asked the Destructoid staff and the community to call their favorite boss fight from Zelda franchise. I did not realize that there was as much love for Stallord, but I am 1
- Zoey Handley, the author formally known as Adzuken, shares her thoughts on the importance of Zelda in moving console games away from the arcade roots. Batteries in her house also last forever.
- Jonathan Holmes still loves Skyward sword for what more do you expect from the guy who loves to stumble in? Smash. But seriously, Skyward sword is dope, and here’s hoping Nintendo makes some necessary changes to the Switch remaster.
- As a counterpoint to Holme’s article, community member TroyFullbuster wants you to know that they still hate Skyward sword. I wish I could say I did not hate any games in this series, however Phantom Hourglass exists, so …
- Music has been an important aspect of the series since its inception, and Zach Bennett describes how Breath of the Wild carries on the legacy of sound established in Ocarina of Time. If you do not think Breath of the Wild has a great soundtrack, you really should give it another listen.
- Zelda II: Adventure of Link has been routinely called “the hard Zelda games, “and this year I managed to beat it for the very first time. But not without a little help. I guess now I’ll finally turn around Majoras mask. Or Oracle of Ages. Or Tri Force Heroes, but I think I need two other people for it.
- It’s an oldie, but a goodie. Society member Seymour explores gender in Breath of the Wild.
- Chris Moyse explains why The legend of Zelda animated series was one of the worst things that ever came out of DIC. The only way you could screw one up Zelda cartoon more is if Nintendo gave the license to Seth MacFarlane.
- Finally, the Destructoid community contributed its own stories The legend of Zelda, looks back at the best characters and moments and why this series is so important to so many people.
Filed under …