Fate 2The planned Cosmodrome expansion will not happen, the studio told fans on Thursday in its weekly blog post. Instead, Bungie will focus on new projects.
Last year, Bungie said so Fate 2The new season of The Chosen Ones would bring back two old strikes from the original Fate and expand the Cosmodrome location to “approximately Fate 1 Year 1 parity. “But when players logged on Tuesday morning for the new season, they found Old Russia unchanged.
Devil’s Lair Strike made it back in the game – although at the moment it can not be selected on the map, only available via Nightfall ̵
But even with the strikes in place, it did not explain the missing parts of the Cosmodrome. Bungie’s promise to expand its destination dates back to June 2020, in its first post describing Destiny Content Vault, a new system that allows the studio to cycle content in and out of the game. Two days after the season of the chosen launch, the studio finally said why Cosmodrome had not changed.
“When we first shared our plans, we were still early in the development and unsure of how far we would go with the Cosmodrome unvault,” Bungie said, referring to the first announcement from June. The studio went on to say that as the release of Beyond light the expansion came closer, it had to decide if they would continue to spend time and resources on bringing the Cosmodrome back to its original glory from Fate or switch to developing new content for the future Fate 2.
With the returning strikes over and the new player experience already in place, the team decided to move on.
“Given that we thought we had reached our original goals and knew the community and the team’s desire for new content, we chose the latter option,” said Bungie. “But when we made that decision, we were unable to update your expectations of how far the Cosmodrome experience would extend, and that was a mistake.”
With Destiny Content Vault, there’s a chance Bungie can expand the Cosmodrome sometime in the future by adding the missing locations or Plaguelands area – introduced in the original Fates The rise of Iron expansion – but the studio said there is nothing more planned for the location at the moment.
Cosmodrome was the first place the players set foot when Bungie launched the original Fate in 2014. The studio brought about half of the place’s original map Fate 2 last fall with Beyond light, and placed a new player mission there to help acclimatize new Guardians to the sequel.