The Dawning Winter Event has started in Destiny 2, but not without any problems.
Some Guardians got error codes left, right and middle of last night and could not start the new Deliciously Cheerful Blueprint quest.
Through The Dawning, you will be able to earn a strong Engram every week and can bake some goodies to your friends who will bake you some cool rewards and consumables exclusive to the event.
The Dawning started December 11th and will run until January 1, 2019.
How to start Dawning and find the Essence of Dawning
Talk to Eva to start the event and the first part of search. She will give you Eva's Holiday Oven and a few Dawning Ingredients. Use the ingredients in the order they appear in your warehouse to create something for your favorite Awoken, Zavala.
You can buy other ingredients after this that you can use to make more tasty treats. Your Common Ingredients Will Set You Back 5 Essence of Dawning and Rare Ingredients is 10 Essence of Dawning. You can also go out and carry your own ingredients if you feel adventurous.
To earn Essence of Dawning you must complete Eva's activities and bounties every day. You can rattle through them quite quickly, similar to how you served Fragmented Souls in the Festival of the Lost.
The Dawning Ingredients and Recipes
Under the Oven Training, you get Deliciously Cheerful Blueprint that unlocks a very festive Dawning Cheer Exotic Sparrow. To build it, make three specific recipes for three of your allies in the tower.
Shaxx would like some vanilla leaves, Amanda Holliday wants some Chocolate Ship Cookies, and Hawthorne would love to have some Eliksni Birdseed for his springs
Here's what you need for each treat, along with something Essence of Dawning:  Vanilla Sheets: Cabal Oil and Sharp Flavor
To find these ingredients , you must defeat certain types of enemies, often with a particular weapon or super if you want a particular style. Here you will find The Dawning Ingredients. Thanks to Reddit, javano_15 uses this list.
Some Holiday Rivers at Reddit have dug up some more recipes, as well as where to get each of the ingredients. Just remember to have plenty of essence of dawn to make these festive wonders.
The complete recipe list:
- Failsafe's Infinite Forest Cake: Vex Milk and Impossible Heat.
- Lord Shaxx Vanilla Leaves: Cabal Oil and Personal Touch Sharp Flavor.
- Devrim Kay's Gentleman's Shortbread: Eter Cane and Perfect Taste.
- Hawthorne's Eliksni Birdseed: Ether Cane and Personal On.
- Master Rahools Burnt Edge Transits: Mix two ingredients that fail to combine.
- Ikoras Travelers Donut Holes: Cabal Oil and Flash of Inspiration.
- Spider's Candy Dead Ghosts: Dark Ether Cane and Flash of Inspiration.
- Banshee-44s Telemetry Tapioca: Vex Milk and Bullet Spray.
- Asher's Radiolarian Pudding: Vex Milk and Electric Flavor.
- Xur's Strange Cookies:
- The cake butter and electric flavor.
- Zavala's Gjallardoodles: Ether Cane and Delicious Explosion.
- Amanda's Chocolate Ship Cookies: Cabal Oil and Null Taste.
- Sloane's Alkan Dragée Cookies: Chitin Powder and Eter Cane Bullet Spray.
- Petras Ill-Fortune Cookies: Dark Ether Cane and Impossible Heat.
- Ana's Javelin Mooncake: Chitin Powder
- Drifter is dark chocolate motes: Taken butter and zero flavor.
As if baking festive treats was not enough to get on, Mayhem has returned to the Crucible playlist.  If you want to unlock and reign Smidder in the Black Armory, or want to see what new exotic weapons are coming to Destiny 2, check out our Destiny 2: Black Armory guide here. If you have just started on your Guardian adventure, check out the Destiny 2: Forsaken guide for more tips, tricks and walkthroughs.