Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold WarThe first season has been out for almost two months, but Treyarch spices things up with an update that gives a couple of new maps to the game. Multiplayer gets Express, a remake of Black Ops 2 while Zombies gets the all-new Firebase Z map in Vietnam.
Express is set in an abandoned train station, where players can fight in the trunk, train tunnel and on the train tracks themselves. The map is not too big, which helps to hold battles quickly and firefights often. To ensure that players have the chance to check out the new map, Treyarch adds an express 24/7 playlist to Black Ops Cold War, which only contains Express with a different game mode each game.
The second major addition to this patch is Firebase Z, the new Zombies map. The map is set in the jungles of Vietnam on a secret research base from the Cold War. Of course, things went wrong along the way, loosening Dark Aether and the undead hordes in the base. On top of new weapons, new enemies and the laundry list of secrets and Easter eggs that the map is likely to have, there is also a new advantage called Tombstone that gives players a chance to return to life after being disappointed.
Finally, Treyarch also announced that League Play is coming Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War February 8th. League games are Call of Duty̵
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold WarThe latest update will be implemented on February 4 at 2 ET. To see everything that changes with this update, you can check out the complete patch notes.
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Season One, reloaded on 3rd patch notes
- Express is now available in map rotation in Core and Hardcore modes.
- Express 24/7 playlist is now available.
- Fixed an issue with uneven map distribution in non-map playlists.
Endurance (40 players) [NEW]
- New counter mode for tall players available at Sanatorium, Ruka and Alpine.
- After a bomb detonates, a new one comes online to take place, so five bombs are always available instead of an initial set that is reduced to a single bomb before the next wave.
- The score was doubled from 500 to 1000.
- Added new maps in Prop Hunt rotation: Express
- Looting raid
- Crossroads Strike
- Armada strike
- Added Nuketown ’84 in Gunfight map rotation.
- 2v2 and 3v3 Gunfight now available in Custom Games.
- Updated Hardpoint Owned score event to increase the score the longer a player controls Hardpoint. This score modifier resets when you leave Hardpoint.
- Reduced Hardpoint Secured score event from 50 to 25 scores.
- Reduced how late players can join an ongoing match.
- Additional defensive spawning points added and logic updated for the B-catch point on Raid.
CDL custom game modes
- Increased number of players to allow two spectators in CDL Hardpoint, CDL Search & Destroy and CDL Control.
- Express 24/7 [NEW]
- Endurance FTDB (40 players) [NEW]
- Gunfight Blueprints (including Nuketown ’84)
- Prop Hunt (4 maps added for rotation)
- 3v3 Bare Gunfight Snipers
- Face Off (3v3)
- Nuketown 24/7
- Increased minimum damage for the two weapons in the Launcher class.
- Solved a problem where players in smoke from a smoke grenade would get target assistance against players outside the smoke.
- Reduced hip burn accuracy when grinning a grenade while sprinting.
- Original Treyarch music unlocked via War Tracks can now be played in the barracks’ music player, including “Pentagon”, “Rooftops”, “115” and “Damned.”
Firebase Z [NEW]
- New “Firebase Z” card now available via Endless and Round 20 playlists for all players.
- Players can now complete the entire Omega Intel collection in “Die Maschine.”
- Solved a problem on “Die Maschine” that rarely placed players off the map when teleporting from Dark Aether.
Express (Onslaught – PS4 / PS5)
- Express is now available in Onslaught on PlayStation.
- Firebase Z Endless [NEW]
- Firebase Z Round 20 [NEW]
- Dead Ops Arcade Solo Advanced Start [NEW]
- Onslaught Express [NEW] (PS4 / PS5)
Tombstone soda [NEW]
- Tombstone Soda Perk now available in “Firebase Z” and via Der Wunderfizz in “Die Maschine.”
- Fixed an issue that prevented Quick Revive from reducing the time it takes to regenerate to full health.
Napalm Strike [NEW]
- Napalm Strike now available as Support in Zombies.
- Artillery now available as Support in Zombies.
- Self-Revive will now only fall if a player in the game can equip it.
- Limited the maximum number of Self-Revives that can fall in a game to the total number of players in the game.
- Resolved an issue that allowed duplication of the Sentry Turret support element.
- Increased critical hit damage on all assault rifles.
- Increased maximum ammunition stock on all rifles.
- Increased critical hit damage on all SMGs.
- Increased maximum ammunition on all SMGs.
- Increased base damage to shotgun Streetsweeper.
- Increased range of Streetsweeper shotgun.
- Resolved an issue that prevented attachments from being displayed on the “Western Justice” Weapon Blueprint.
- Level 1 armor now replaces the first Armor Shard drop in a game when no players have armor.
- Reduced Cryofreeze cooling from 3 seconds to 1 second to make it a more reliable method of slowing down enemies.
- Added new “Requiem Advancement” category of challenges for future additions.
- Added the first set of six new Requiem Advancement Challenges: “Firebase Z Report.”
- Added new Dark Ops Challenge for “Firebase Z.”
Dead Ops Arcade 3
Solo Advanced Start [NEW]
- New private playlist available for solo players.
- Allows players to start at their highest arena control point reached in solo mode. No stats or challenges are recorded, but achievements can be completed, including “Reunited with Fidolina.”
- Added new pickup item: Divine Shield Potion – Grants player Divine Shield buff that allows the player to absorb a damage event (30 min. Expiration).
- Added new important spawning grounds: Added the route for the highway tunnel.
- Added a 1.5 second damage shield on the player while he is in the first person when the damage occurs.
- Make a small adjustment of the multiplier progression.
- Auto-life donation now begins automatically after round 64. The player with the highest lives left over will now donate to run-down teammates with a 120-second chill.
- Resolved an issue where the player’s shield was active even though the effect was not visible.
- Resolved an issue that prevented extra lives from being assigned to the expected score.
- Various bug fixes in gameplay related to Fated Chicken disappear, control bindings when getting out of vehicles, unwanted deaths associated with traps, invisible electric poles, rocket towers that kill players, etc.
Enemies and friendly AI
- Greatly reduced range for spider melee.
- Removed the skeleton commander from the arena.
- Removed the demons from the arena.
- Reduced Megaton melee distance.
- Reduced Megaton arena spawn rate after round 64.
- Reduced Megaton health in the arena.
- Megaton Orb weapons are no longer a one-shot kill in the arena.
- After round 64, the enemy’s target choice behavior is now weighted entirely towards proximity.
- Increased friendly skeletal horde health, enemy quantity, duration and weapon damage.
- Solved a problem where melee damage caused by a friendly skeletal guardian did not register against enemies.
- Fixed an issue where zombies could increase their speed while in decline.
- Resolved an issue where explosion damage to Spider / Meatball enemies did not register properly.
- Fixed an issue where Spider enemies would not appear on radar.
- Fixed an issue that allowed the Gladiator “Marauder” enemy to kill the player when it did not meet the correct direction.
- Solved a problem where Margwa did not drop prey when it was killed.
- Divine Chalice fate players now earn extra lives 37.5% faster than standard players at 125,000 points each.
- Divine Chalice fate users now respawn with temporary vitality buff.
- Divine Shield fated players now respawn with Divine Shield buff.
- After round 64, when a fateful player from Divine Shield picks up a nuke drop, all players will now get a nuke.
- Friendly player chickens now last 25% longer.
- The Golden Chicken associated with Friendship Fate now periodically produces eggs at the arena.
- After round 64, Golden Chicken associated with Friendship Fate will now have upgraded weapons permanently.
- Resolved an issue that could prevent players from collecting a fate in the room of fate when the hour expired (ie taking a fate rock with less than 4 seconds before the room expired).
- Added lighting in Room of Fate over Fate Rock sockets five and six.
- Solved a problem with various particle effects that have visibility problems.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent the player’s selected character skin from displaying correctly.
- Fixed a problem with the shotgun that could cause it to initially fire slowly before accelerating.
- Added various crash fixes.
- Added different utilization directions.
- Added new camera mode: Extra high.
- Resolved an issue where the player was unable to use the Flashlight in First Person.
- Solved a problem with some collision in the Water Temple arena.
- Resolved an issue in split screen mode where players would enter The Wild in split view mode.
Onslaught (PS4 / PS5)
- The Onslaught Express playlist is now available on PlayStation. [NEW]
- Distributed special enemy spawns.
- Added more enemies in “Firebase Z.” mode
- Added various crash fixes.
- Party Leader is no longer required to have Dead Ops Arcade 3 installed for their party to participate in other Zombies game modes.
- Fixed an issue that caused zombies to maintain a slowdown forever if it ended while mantling.
- Solved a problem that in some cases led to choppy voice chat.
- Added various crash fixes.
- Resolve a crash that can occur when watching a replay in the Theater.
- Fixed a crash that could prevent the game from starting under some conditions on Windows 7.
- Resolved an issue that could lead to loss of keyboard / mouse functionality when opening and closing the Windows key + G menu.
- Resolved an issue where players could get stuck in the pause menu under certain circumstances during a game.