After last week’s slightly less nerfs, Raven Software has returned with another set of adjustments for Call of Duty: Warzonetheir weapons. This time, the developer brings several major changes to both AUG’s tactical rifle and the FFAR 1 rifle.
AUG, also known as Tactical Rifle Charlie, got a nerve last week, but it seems that it was not quite enough to drain the power. This time, Raven again increases the pistol’s recoil, which should make it much harder to control. Raven’s notes explain that they want AUG to remain strong, just not as dominant as it has been recently. Since these changes do not represent a shift in the overall damage of the gun, it is difficult to say how much a nerf this really will be.
War zoneThe other dominant pistol in recent weeks has been the FFAR 1
For a look at all the recent changes War zone note, you can check out Raven’s full note notes.
Call of Duty: Warzone 6. patch notes
- The Camo Challenges for R1 Shadowhunter are now displayed correctly for the Geometric, Flora and Science Camo categories.
Cold War Tactical Rifle Charlie (AUG)
- The recoil strength is increased
Explosives run a fine line between ineffective and oppressive. The purpose of this change is to maintain the weapon’s identity as a powerhouse, while making it a little more difficult to use. Right now we feel that it is too easy to stay on target given how deadly it is. We will continue to monitor the performance of the Tactical Rifle Charlie and make further changes as necessary.
- ADS speed is reduced
FFAR is a jack of all trades. It has the damage profile and range of an AR as well as the firing frequency of an SMG. FFAR’s wholesale effect has it to eliminate SMGs in areas we are not stratified with. Ideally, FFAR fulfills its role as a mid-range dominator while becoming a prey for weapons that excel in short-range missions. We bring FFAR a little more in line with what you can expect from an AR injury and range at the expense of handling.
- Rear grip extensions that showed ADS speed profiles should now increase the ADS speed significantly.
- Fixed a bug with Groza where the 16.5 ”CMV Mil-Spec barrel would avoid damage.
- Fixed a bug with Ember Sighting Point where the XM4 and AK-47 had the ADS speed increased instead of decreased.
- Fixed a bug with Salvo Fast Mag where FFAR 1 and M16 had not reduced the ADS speed.
- The Pelington 703 Wrapped Suppressor effects should now represent the status bar.