Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War has received its latest update, and its most important new addition is the super powerful ZRG 20 mm sniper rifle. This is the sixth new weapon to hit Black Ops Cold War (and Warzone) in season 2, but the April 7 update also has much more in store, including new stability enhancements for Zombies Outbreak mode and several changes for Dead Ops Arcade 3 and Onslaught. Read on for more details or check the note notes below.
The new Miami Strike map also provides a solution to an error outside the borders. In addition, the RC-XD is now a bit more deadly, and players can also expect a number of minor repairs. This update addresses an issue with the challenges associated with unlocking the “Science”
Treyarch acknowledged a remaining problem – the R1 Shadowhunter appears to be locked for some players, even after reaching 15/15 for their challenge progress towards it. Treyarch suggested that this issue may be related to players ending matches in the middle of the round.
You can see the full patch notes below, as posted by Treyarch.
In addition to this update, Black Ops Cold War players will get even more content and features in Season Two Reloaded this week. Gunsmith Customs and Gunfight Tournaments are coming this week, along with an update to Gunfight Blueprints.
Finally, Treyarch reminded players that a dual XP event starts today, April 8, and runs through Monday, April 12.
Black Ops Cold War April 7 Patch Notes
- ZRG 20mm
- ZRG 20 mm sniper rifle now available via in-game challenge or Store package.
- Fixed an issue with the graphical user interface for the “Oni” cross that seemed too dark in the preview.
- Miami Strike
- Closed a utilization area outside the boundaries near the parking garage.
- Increased RC-XD damage to take down nearby enemies using the Flak Jacket.
- Fixed an issue where the “Science” camo category for RPG-7 was not properly tracked.
- Fixed an issue where the “Classic” camo category for the R1 Shadowhunter was not properly tracked.
- Solved a stability issue related to Ammo Mods.
- Fixed crashes related to targets.
- Resolved a stability issue related to Krasny Soldier’s jump attack.
- Resolved a stability issue related to Dragon Relic.
- Resolved a stability issue related to Wall Buys.
- Resolved a stability issue related to the secure target.
- Added many stability fixes.
Dead Ops Arcade 3
- Adjusted XP Rewards.
- Slightly adjusted some rewards for life donation.
- Adjusted time allocation for Wave 3 in Room of Judgment.
- Resolved an issue where Bonus Room War Store did not work as expected.
- Resolved an issue where War Store did not provide vehicles or accidentally.
- Resolved a collaboration issue where a player would not be twisted into Room of Fate if another player fell into Room of Fate on a buggy or mech at the same time.
- Solved a problem where different shield type objects (barrels, boxing gloves, saw blades, Tesla balls) did not work as expected.
- Resolved an issue where the player’s shield did not affect the meatball or the spider’s enemies as expected.
- Resolved an issue where Tesla Ball did not work against any enemies.
- Resolved an issue where the player was not properly credited for killing while in the vehicle for the “Damage Delivery” challenge.
- Resolved an issue where leaderboards were not updated correctly at the end of the match.
- Resolved an issue that caused Optics to automatically unlock on the R1 Shadowhunter crossbow.
Onslaught (PS4 / PS5)
- Adjusted difficulty level for higher Surges.
- Adjusted spawning speed and movement speed of enemies to match other modes.
- Added super sprinter enemies to Onslaught.
- Fixed a UI error that might appear when you selected Player Details when using the keyboard and mouse.
GameSpot can get commissions from retail offers.