“Shack-and-slash” dungeon crawler Girlfriend Dungeon will be available for Xbox One and PC via the Microsoft Store, as well as via the Xbox Game Pass for Console and PC, along with the previously announced Switch and Steam versions when it launches later in 2021, announced developer Kitfox Games.
“Why would other consoles have all the fun of kissing weapons ?! ?? Xbox fans deserve that swords should smoke too, “said director and designer Tanya X. Short in a press release. “We̵
Here is an overview of the game, via Kitfox Games:
Loot down while fending off dangerous monsters and take your weapons on romantic dates. Look for your weapons in this flirtatious, playful and welcoming world filled with mastery of the procedurally generated dungeon. Serve a dose of nostalgia in the summer, take out the dates as you uncover their stories and level them up. Begin flourishing relationships with your weapon cakes as you capture their hearts in friendship and love. In this light-hearted, fantastic shack-and-slash filled with adventure, you improve your skills and ward off the monsters together because the couple who kill together stick together.
- Dates up to seven weapons, from dancing swords to heartbreaking daggers.
- Generated action-fight dunj and challenges! Stay sharp!
- Different fighting styles. For example, hit hard and dodge quickly with the dagger, or take on crowds with laser sabers.
- Each weapon type feels and plays differently.
- Inclusive, tasteful approach to gender and sexuality, including male, female and non-binary romance.
- Let’s get to the point: take your children in arms on romantic outings, for example to the club or the beach.
Watch a new trailer below.
Update: This post originally listed an Xbox series version in addition to Xbox One, but when Gematsu was contacted, developer Kitfox Games could not confirm whether it would release a native Xbox series version of Girlfriend Dungeon.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No break-in comments, including trolling, bait or crap posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes violent, threatening, pornographic, misleading or insulting content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port begging.
- No console war.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example:
Woe is Leomon.Enter the subject of the content outside the spoiler codes.
- Be respectful of other commentators. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter does not follow this simple label, do not continue the conversation – just report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete comments without notice. This comment policy can be changed at any time.