Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War got his Firebase Z-map on Thursday, and after an exciting Easter egg hunt, the biggest secret is finally solved. With the help of the best and clearest members of the Zombies community, we are here to offer a step-by-step guide to solving each puzzle. If you want to see the latest cut scene, this review reveals everything you need to do.
Before you get to the actual Easter egg steps, it is worth noting that you need to perform a few basic tasks first. As usual, the power and Pack-a-Punch must be turned on, and Wonder Weapon must be retrieved. You can get all these details in our RAI K-84 and Pack-a-Punch guide if you need them.
Secondly, for those who need video assistance alongside our text, check out this amazing guide from MrRoflWaffles on YouTube. If his work helps you, it does not hurt to subscribe. Since these people were among the first to discover the steps, we also found Duty calls The Zombies subreddit thread is also useful. If the description fails at some point, these additional sources are likely to make our words a little clearer. With these disclaimers out of the way, let’s start hunting.
Black Ops Cold War Firebase Z Easter Egg Steps
- When the power, Pack-a-Punch and RAI K-84 are ready, talk to Ravanov in the Atrium area. He’s sending you to talk to Dr. Peck, who’s behind the big window in the Mission Control area. Peck sends you back to Ravanov, which eventually gives you the Ravanov ID Badge item.
- The card is used to open three cabinets. To get the first one, enter the courtyard and enter the equipment storage area. It is directly opposite Ravanov. You will find the Compound S16 inside the cabinet with the keyboard on.
- To get to the next locker, go from the Military Command Control Room to the Colonel’s Office. You see another closet next to the desk. This one has Compound P65.
- The third cabinet is inside a building in the Engineering section. Compound 36 is in.
- From the barracks, enter the field hospital. Use the Agent Delivery System computer next to the small computer to mix the chemicals you have collected.
- When the machine starts spinning, a bunch of enemies will spawn. Kill them, go back to the machine, then you can pick it up and take it with you.
- Take it with the AC unit on the roof in the OPC area. You know you’re in the right place when you have the opportunity to “fix the affiliate delivery system.”
- Go back to Dr. Peck and talk to him.
- Go to the data center and interact with the computer against the wall that has a screen with a brain displayed on it. Finally, Peck will speak and you will have the opportunity to unlock the Memory Transfer Station. This gives access to four essence traps.
- These Essence Traps work like Pokéballs in Pokémon. Your goal is to find three Mimic Zombies in specific locations, lower their health and capture them inside. Imitations spawn from objects. So to search for the zombie you are looking for, you need to find areas with many small objects on the ground – but only one of them spawns a zombie. When that happens, you know that a zombie is the one you need to kill. So far, players have had the most luck finding Mimics at Peck’s Quarters in the Village, Barracks Motor Pool and at the Colonel’s Office under military command. However, there are several possible locations beyond these. Your goal is to catch a lone Mimic, return the trap to the machine, and hope you get an offer from Sokolov, Brahms or Zabim. Do this three times, and you’re done with the step. If the memory is corrupted, try as many times as you like.
- When all three correct imitations have been found, a floppy disk appears on the memory machine. Grab it. Travel from the OPC to the planning offices and drop it into the Quantum Main Frame machine with your brain on.
- Go back to OPC, and you will see that a new portal area has opened. When you see it, talk to Peck. You get a code that opens the closet next to him. When you open it, the etherometer falls to the floor.
- The next step is to find three Aether Containers on the map that can be done in any order. To dig them up, grab the shovel found inside the cabin in the Scorched Defense area.
- Our first container was found in the Jungle Defense area, where you will find lumps of dirt around. Use a beep to find the grave. The faster it gets, the closer to the location. After digging it up, fight your way through the lockout period that begins. Pick up the Aether Container when it is safe to do so.
- The next container is in the corner of the Open Lot area next to the OPC. You can again use beeps to find it. A bunch of containers will spawn. You need to find the one that does not have black smoke inside. Once you have found it, it is the one you should interact with to collect it.
- For the last Aether Container, go to the Barracks area by the stairs that connect to the data center. After digging, the container will twist to different places if you get too close to it. To prevent this from happening, fire it with the RAI K-84’s alternate grenade fire mode. It will only remain silent while the grenade is active.
- Go to the three Aether reactors you used to turn on the power and place the containers there. They are located at the data center, the mission control and the military command.
- Navigate to OPC, then to Peck, and you will find that he is no longer available. Go to the planning offices and use the computer there. On the screen you see a galactic map that can be controlled via d-pad. Scroll through all the light points (including the earth below) until you find one that shows a “?”. Interact when you have found the right place.
- When everything is done, return to the OPC and interact with the terminals on the right. This triggers the boss fight, so make sure you are prepared.
Firebase Z Boss Fight
Words are your most important goal, but first kill the threats around them. Wait until your team calls out the exact time to do damage, then unload with everything you have until Orda’s health empties. Fortunately, benefits and Pack-a-Punch in the surrounding area should offer you the extra firepower you need. That’s all you need to know about Firebase Z Easter Eggs Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War.
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War is available now on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X | S, Xbox One and PC.
What did you think of Firebase Z Easter Eggs? Which step do you find most troublesome? Tell us in the comments!