Dear villagers will release the recently announced, Artisan Studios-developed RPG Astria rising for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch and PC via Steam in 2021 West, the publisher announced. It will also be available via Xbox Game Pass.
“IN Astria rising“We wanted to explore how people cope in extraordinary times,” said Artisan Studios game director Julien Bourgeois in a press release. “Each hero has their own perspective, but it̵
Dear village manager Guillamet Jamet added: “Seeing this world come together has been a joy. And it is an honor to have so many legends on the team as a childhood dream come true. Astria rising is more than a tribute to the classics. It’s the perfect next step in our line of ambitious JRPGs. ”
Here is an overview of the game via dear villagers:
An epic adventure with the charm and pedigree of a classic JRPG, Astria rising tells an expansive story of fate, sacrifice and new beginnings.
The game was developed in collaboration with publisher Dear Villagers and boasts contributions from world-class JRPG developers, with a score by Hitoshi Sakimoto (Final Fantasy XII, Vagrant Story), narrated by Kazushige Nojima (Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy VII Remake) and art from CyDesignation (Akihiko Yoshida and Hideo Minaba).
In a world of chaos, players take control of the demigods – a motley crew of eight heroes accused of the fate of the world. Each character has its own story, explored over five cities, twenty-five dungeons and thirty hours of play up to fifty for 100% of the completion. In addition to the finely tuned turn-based combat, players can try out a variety of side quests and mini-games, including an original fantasy-themed token game.
- Epic tales – Fight for the future while counting on the past; sacrifice everything, give up something. The history about Astria rising was partly developed by the author Kazushige Nojima, known for his work with Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy VII Remake.
- Living landscape Travel around Orcanon, a richly imagined and fully animated 2D landscape with five cities and a dynamic weather system.
- Unforgettable characters – Choose from eight customizable player characters that span a range of fantastic races and skills, and put together a diverse team of heroes.
- Rewarding Combat – Work together to save the world, and lead strategic turn-based battles using the innovative focal point system.
- A treat for the ears – With music and SFX from the composer Hitoshi Sakimoto (Final Fantasy XII, Valkyria Chronicles), Astria rising is a heartbreaking joy to listen to.
See a set of trailers below. See the first screenshots in the gallery.