Truant Pixel has announced RUNS, an arcade-inspired virtual reality-driven action game for the next-generation PlayStation 5 virtual reality system and PC virtual reality devices. A release date was not announced.
“RUNS has a conscious classical aesthetic, driven by themes such as lo-fi and cassette futurism and inspired by anime such as Akira, Ghost in the shell, Patlabor, and more, ”Truant Pixel said in a tweet. “And we̵
Here is an overview of the game via Truant Pixel:
When there is nothing left to hide, the only way out is …
RUNS is an arcade-inspired virtual reality-driven action game. Players take on the role of Mina, a junk counter-courier in the center of a massive hunt in the city. Beginning in the heart of the Presidium, the neon-soaked capital of the mining colony moon N-351, Mina’s only escape route is “Thoroughfare”, a massive high-speed highway that winds its way through the sprawling colony complex. Pursued by the forces of the Caldara company, Mina must run through 7 sectors as she fights relentless waves of autonomous corporate combat drones.
Using only the mind, cybernetics and a unique range of special abilities, the player will become the runner in this fast-paced, kinetic virtual reality experience.
- RUNS has visceral forerunner driving game that embraces the unique visual style of prestige anime of the late 1980s.
- Players take control of the motorcycle and weave in and out of traffic at incredible speeds while fending off waves of enemy attackers.
- The plot is drawn by an original and dynamic music system set to an incredible throwback soundtrack composed by Fat Bard.
- RUNS sees the player run through the Presidium mining colony, pursued by an army of ruthless drones.
- Players can customize the look of the bike with unique paint and light combinations before jumping into battle.
- Several cars can be unlocked, each with its own unique features and handling.
- Autonomous motorcycles, UAVs, hunter-gatherer tanks, sniper fathers, covert assassins and life-size bosses are waiting to put an end to Mina’s escape.
- RUNS has 360-degree free-form gun play, using dual checkpoint automatic guns integrated into the control lid of her bike.
- Powerups gathered along Mina’s route further enhance the weapons at the player’s disposal, with powerful options such as scattershot, lasers and much, much more.
- The arsenal also includes heavy ordinances such as grenades, lock missiles and an integrated vehicle cannon.
See the announcement trailer below.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No break-in comments, including trolling, bait or crap posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes violent, threatening, pornographic, misleading or insulting content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port begging.
- No console war.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example:
Woe is Leomon.Enter the subject of the content outside the spoiler codes.
- Be respectful of other commentators. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter does not follow this simple label, do not continue the conversation – just report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete comments without notice. This comment policy can be changed at any time.