Apple today released the release candidate versions of new iOS and iPadOS 14.7 updates to developers and public beta testers for testing purposes, one week after the fifth iOS and iPadOS 14.7 updates were sown.
iOS and iPadOS 14.7 can be downloaded via the Apple Developer Center or over the air after the correct profile is installed on an iPhone or iPad.
According to Apple’s release notes, iOS 14.7 adds support for the newly introduced MagSafe Battery Pack in addition to adding shared credit limits for the Apple Card Family feature.
Apple in iOS 14.7 extends the Air Quality Index feature to more countries, including the Netherlands, France, Italy, Spain and Canada. When paired with the included HomePod 14.7 software, the iOS 14.7 Home app lets you manage timers on a omeHomePod or HomePod mini. Full version notes for the update are below:
iOS 14.7 includes the following enhancements and bug fixes for iPhone:
– agMagSafe Battery Pack support for iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max
– Apple Card Family adds the ability to combine credit limits and share a co-owned account with an existing Apple Card user
– Home app adds the ability to manage timers on HomePod
– Air quality information is now available in weather and maps for Canada, France, Italy, the Netherlands, South Korea and Spain
– The podcasts library allows you to choose to watch all shows or just watched shows
– Share playlist menu item missing in Apple Music
– Dolby Atmos and Apple Music lossless audio playback may stop unexpectedly
– Battery message message that may have disappeared after restarting some iPhone 11 models is restored
Dot screen can display invalid information while composing emails
The iOS 14.7 update also addresses a bug that caused WiFi for iPhone to stop working if it was connected to a WiFi network named “% p% s% s% s% n.” Connecting to a network with this name can seriously affect the functionality of the iPhone, but there is no problem after installing iOS 14.7.