It’s been a couple of weeks Apex Legends‘Pathfinder. Last week, the gripping hook-handling robot received a fantastically animated abbreviation about the origin story, and this week he gets his very own event in the game. The new event is called Fight Night, and it brings a few boxing theme twists to regular fights Apex Legends.
The biggest change in the Fight Night event will be the new time-limited mode called Airdrop Escalation. This new mode will be what developer Respawn Entertainment calls a “Takeover”
Each match with Airdrop Escalation starts with a few air drops scattered around the map, and each round more will be thrown from the field to the battlefield. Each of these comes with high quality loot and weapons with all their attachments.
As for the more Pathfinder-specific parts of the event, there is also Pathfinder’s Town Takeover where players can take part in a battle ring to take each other further in battle against hand. Inside the ring, called Ring on the map, players will only be able to use their fists as weapons, and no one can shoot or throw grenades to interrupt the melee. The survivor can pick up a little extra prey and leave the ring with his prey.
Finally, the Fight Night event also includes a few balance updates for Apex Legends, including a buff for both Rampart and Caustic. It is also a nice improvement in the quality of life that allows you to automatically use Ultimate Accelerants without opening the inventory. If Ultimate has cooled down, all you have to do now is press the button to activate it, and your character will use an Ultimate Accelerant instead.
To see all the changes that came with this update, see the full notes below.
Apex Legends Fight Night event updates
- Amped Cover: Reduced cooling from 30 seconds to 20 seconds
- Nox Gas Trap: Reduced cooling from 25 seconds to 20 seconds
- Reduced damage from 22 to 20
- Spread out 3rd / 4th pellets to reduce maximum range of 4 pellet types (was +/- 7.5 degrees, now +/- 10)
- Spare balls increased from 175 to 210
Quality of life
- Ultimate Accelerants can now be used without opening your inventory. If your ultimate is not currently available, simply press the button (or buttons on a controller) to activate it, then pull out any stored accelerator in the inventory and use it automatically.
- When a party member leaves your lobby for any reason, in a lobby, all party members will be marked as “not ready.” This should stop unintentional launches in a match when your buddy dips out for a second.
- The fantastic “Mark all as seen” button has been added. Click on this to remove the annoying (I mean useful) red dots.
- Pinging the nearest respawn lighthouse (from a spectator) will now always ping the nearest lighthouse unless you do not have enough time to use it before the ring closes over it, instead of defaulting on the nearest lighthouse in the next secure ring.
- We’ll now show you how many tax packages are needed to get you the next cartoon. This should only make it easier for people who are chasing the new story, to know how far they are.
- Caustic should now smash the door with the heirloom hammer instead of the leg, if available.
- We added some information in the Find Friends box to describe a situation where your friend may not be found due to the EA account settings.
- Resolved an issue with Bloodhound’s user interface that disappeared after interacting with Horizons Tactical.
- Fixed an issue where Wraith’s Portals was destroyed by Trident.
- Fixed an issue with Bangalore’s missile that passed through hatch doors when closed in Worlds Edge.
- Solved a problem with Mirage’s decoy birds not making footsteps.
- Solved a problem with Hack using two vault keys if two keys were in Crypto’s warehouse.
- Solved a problem with Hack getting stuck in Trident when it was deployed as a passenger and the Trident was on a ramp.
- Solved a problem that caused other players to teleport with Revenant if they beat Revenant when he is in very poor health.
- Resolved an issue that did not allow Revenant to deploy Death Totem while on Trident.
- Fixed many windows in World’s Edge that prevented Loba’s bracelet from passing through.
- Resolved an issue that allowed Rampart to place Sheila while in Phase Runner.
- Solve a problem where the user interface elements remained on the screen after using Sheila.
- Resolved an issue with Horizon’s capabilities that did not affect Lifeline’s DOC and Crypto’s drone.