Amazon recently launched a new Alexa called "Routines". When you speak a specific preset command, such as "Alexa, Good Morning", you can set Alexa to perform certain actions, such as reading the weather, starting to play music, and telling you how long it takes you to get to work . Here's how to create a custom morning routine, but you can change some of these steps to do something else as well.
- Open the Alexa app on your phone.
- Press the menu button at the top left of the app
- Tap "Routines."
- Touch the top button that says "When this happens."
- Select "Voice."
- Enter the sentence "Good morning."
- Now select" Add action. "
- Press" Please. "
- Press" Add. "
- Now press" Add Action "
- Touch" Music "
Now, when you say" Alexa, good morning. "Alexa will tell you the local weather, how long it takes to get to work on your shuttle, and then start playing Bruce Springsteen. (Note: If you haven't set up your commute in the Alexa app, you can do so by to go to settings> traffic.)