YouTube removed four videos from conspiracy theorist and radio host Alex Jones & # 39; channel. The network said the InfoWars channel violated the company's graphics content policy and suspended him from broadcasting for 90 days.
Jones tweeted Wednesday, YouTube had captured videos that were critical of liberalism. A video Another claims that Muslim immigrants "conquered" Europe, while a third video calls the creators of the cartoon "Drag T ots" – a show about dragon queen children – "Satanists" who say they should fear God's wrath.
YouTube did not say how these videos in particular violated their policies, but said in a statement: "We have a long-term policy against the extinction and hate speech of the child. We consistently apply our policies according to the content of the videos, regardless of speaker or channel . We also have a clear three strike policy, and we quit channels when they receive three strikes for three months. "
More: Sandy Hook families sue Alex Jones is not the only one who threatens conspiracy theorist
More: Facebook takes heat over its approach to Infowars, here's what you need to know
More: ]] Alex Jones: Who is the Infowars host interviewed by Megyn Kelly?
Jones posted the videos on his website Infowars, who often post conspiracy videos, tell the viewers "make up your own mind".  In addition to the removed videos, Jones will be blocked from live streaming on YouTube for 90 days as part of the suspension. The suspension, known as a "community strike", acts as a three-stroke warning. If Jones & # 39; channel receives two more strikes for three months, it will be deleted from YouTube for good.  Jones Channel watches in over 2.4 million subscribers.
Some of Jones's most incredible and unjustified conspiracies include the government that arranges some of the country's most tragic events, such as the 9/11 terrorist attack and the Sandy Hook massacre. Jones is currently wrapped up in several defamatory lawsuit against him, including a filed by six families affected by Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting and an FBI agent responding to the attack.
YouTube has been under attack over the last two years to have an open platform that makes it easy for anyone to post videos that often fly under the radar. YouTube says that around 400 hours of video uploads every minute every day and can be removed if flagged by a user.
There is little human supervision on YouTube, mostly based on machine learning to look for issues that violate YouTube's community standards, but YouTube has promised to hire more people in 2018 to monitor videos.
YouTube's three-strike rule shows small restrictions after the first strike in addition to direct flow rights for two weeks. The second strike does not result in being able to post new content on YouTube for two weeks. The third strike is similar to the YouTube account being closed.
The YouTube star Logan Paul came in hot water with the network earlier this year after two videos were shot by a suicide in Japan and applied a taser to a dead rat. Paul was given two strikes. So far, he has not hit the third strike.
Follow Lilly Price on Twitter: @lillianmprice
Read or Share this story: https://usat.ly/2Lqs9Rh