Acquire has released the Japanese debut trailer and screenshots for Akiba’s Trip: Hellbound & Debriefed, its HD remaster of the PSP title Akiba’s Trip Plus, as well as launched the Japanese official website.
Akiba’s Trip: Hellbound & Debriefed will be released for PlayStation 4 and Switch on May 20 in Japan. Publisher XSEED Games first announced a Western release for PlayStation 4 and PC in June 201
Here is an overview of the game via the retail lists:
Akibas tour, Acquire’s 2011 release strip action adventure game for PSP, will be re-introduced for PlayStation 4 and Switch on May 20, 2021 for its 10th anniversary.
This remaster, which goes back to the origins of a series that became a mega-hit with a total of over 800,000 copies sold worldwide, will be available in a standard edition that includes Akiba’s Trip Plus remastered in height definition, as well as a 10-year limited edition that includes a full-color illustration book with works of art by the illustrators, audio track CD with two discs including five vocal songs, and reprints of Famitsu-produced “Akibas tour Official Complete Guide ”with fixed images and so on from the development of the original game.
* The game content is the same as Akiba’s Trip Plus.
The vampire creatures known as “Shadow Souls” are said to be an urban legend, but actually exist and invade the city in today’s Akihabara.
While in Akihabara at night, the main character is suddenly attacked and almost killed by a Shadow Soul, but a Shadow Soul girl saves his life.
With this event as a start, the main character is drawn into a war between Shadow Souls and humans, and thrown into a battle for life or death.
- Akiba’s Trip: Hellbound & Debriefed is a remastered title to mark the 10th anniversary of the May 19, 2011 release Akibas tour.
- From 2020 will Akibas tour the series has sold over 800,000 copies.
- Akihabara is revived on modern platforms! Defeat Shadow Souls, buy items and even help out at a maid’s cafe !? Free running around 2011 Akihabara as you like.
- A unique new trophy system called “Badge Collection” has been implemented. By meeting certain requirements during the game, you can obtain title items called “Badges”. Enjoy a side activity that is different from trophies.
Watch the trailer below. See the screenshots in the gallery.