قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Technology / A Samsung Display Executive opposes their Mobile Division Chief, refused plans for mass-producing folding panels

A Samsung Display Executive opposes their Mobile Division Chief, refused plans for mass-producing folding panels



When Samsung has a bad quarter, a foldable smartphone is talking in the conversation to control the bad news in a different direction. The latest event happened earlier this month when Samsung's mobile president spoke of a folding smartphone and 5G technology with the media in New York after the Galaxy Note9 event.

Koh stated at a press conference that "I will not surrender the world's first title" when asked when Samsung will launch the folding smartphone. Koh continued to say that he will make an official announcement on the folding phone because he wants it to do "good".

Koh added that "When we launch the folding phone, I'd like a good response (from industry and consumers). It's not far away. We're going to have an event just for the folding phone. "

Does not it sound like something is going to happen right around the corner? There is an impression registered in the media. Nevertheless, Samsung's leaders songs reach another melody to call back the hype.

According to a report released by Korea Herald last week, "Samsung Display speeds up the preparation for mass production of folding panels as it recently created a workgroup (TF) Exclusively dedicated to the brand new technology. [19659002] The team was established last month under the company's OLED product development division. About 200 employees were distributed from other research laboratories and business areas in the company.

19659002] Sources said key partners, including Samsung Display, are preparing to start their supplies like Samsung has tentatively decided to launch the new folding phone.

So the reality strikes with a report concludes that "A Samsung Display Officer also confirmed that TF was set up but denied any immediate plans for mass production of the folding panels."

19659002] Thi s is a consistent theme for Samsung's mobile hint that they are on their way to introducing the world's first foldable smartphone and then getting other leaders in the wings to deny such a development.

This time, Koh went so far to say that the smartphone was not a folding screen, but rather two screens that folded together. It is a far more complex product to produce. Nevertheless, he raised it to shake the battle of another bad Samsung quarter, partly due to a decline in the telephone department.

The Korean media are hell bent on promoting the upcoming folding smartphone revolution from Samsung. Korea Herald has held a May 4 report on its news page that the phone became a "winner", even though Samsung's boss has stated that there is no fold-down display-based phone that Herald's history graphics suggest, but rather two shows that fold over.

Huawei has scorned Samsung and said that they will be the first to produce a successful folding smartphone in Q4 2018. Nikkei reported this in July, and we reported this rumor in May.

Just the idea that a Chinese phone maker will turn Samsung into marketing with a folding smartphone is just too hard for anyone in the Korean press to accept.

Only time will tell if Samsung has a secret project that could actually bring a dual-display smartphone to the market in Q1 2018, as some have suggested. But more than likely, it's a mirage that Samsung's mobile division has boiled up to smooth over its last bad news quarter.

Although it is not denied that Samsung has been working on a number of folding phones in recent years, when our patent archives prove to be, it is the time of the market that is relevant. And in this last example, Koh used the event to deliver false news.

 10.3 - Xtra News About making comments on our site: Apple reserves the right to post, reject or edit any comments. Those who use offensive language or negative behavior will result in being blacklisted on Disqus.


Source link