Today’s Dealmaster focuses specifically on video game deals, as both Microsoft and Sony are in the middle of a sweeping “spring sale” for their respective gaming platforms. In general, most price reductions are not as steep as you would see around Black Friday and the holidays, but many of the games for sale are still available for less than the street prices we̵
So to help anyone interested in picking up a new game, separate the wheat from the bait, we’ve picked out the best deals we could find from the 1000+ deals listed in the two sales, and highlight the games that are both really cheaper than usual. and worth your time in the first place.
On the Microsoft site, the Xbox Spring Sale includes both Xbox and PC games and is scheduled to end on April 15. Microsoft has issued $ 10 coupons to select Xbox Live users in addition to the sale, but note that many of the games offered are also included in the company’s Xbox Game Pass subscription service. For PlayStation users, Sony says that the PlayStation Store Spring Sale will go through April 28, and another series of offers will be added to the current selection on April 14.
For those who primarily play on the PC, we have also curated a number of offers from Epic Games Store’s Spring Sale, which has been live for a couple of weeks, but which is scheduled to end on April 8. Some of these offers have been replicated or improved by other PC game retailers, so we have included them as well.
In any case, a number of games we like are currently being discussed across the various sales, including the last two winners of the Game of the Year (Hades and Control), Ghost of Tsushima, Doom Eternal, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Ori and Wisp’s Will, the recently released Hitman 3, and much more. You can read our full range below, and Dealmaster will be back with a more traditional technical contract survey later this week.
Note: Ars Technica may earn compensation for sales from links on this post through affiliate programs.
Top 10 offers of the day
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox, PC) for $ 19.99 at Microsoft (also on Game Pass – usually $ 27).
- Control: Ultimate Edition (Xbox) for $ 19.99 at Microsoft (Standard Edition on Game Pass – usually $ 40).
- Hitman 3 (Xbox, PS4, PS5, PC) for $ 44.99 at Microsoft, PlayStation Store, Green Man Gaming and Epic Games Store (usually $ 55).
- Ori: The Collection (Xbox, PC) for $ 17.99 at Microsoft (also on Game Pass – usually $ 35).
- Ghost of Tsushima (PS4) for $ 40.19 on PlayStation Store, GameStop and Walmart (usually $ 55).
- Inside (PC) for $ 4.99 at Fanatical and Epic Games Store (usually $ 20).
- Hades (PC) for $ 19.99 at the Epic Games Store (usually $ 25).
- Doom Eternal: Deluxe Edition (Xbox, PC) for $ 29.69 at Microsoft (Standard Edition on Game Pass – usually $ 45).
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Complete Edition (Xbox, PS4, PC) for $ 9.99 at Microsoft, PlayStation Store and Epic Games Store (usually $ 25).
- Red Dead Redemption 2 (Xbox) for $ 26.99 at Microsoft (usually $ 35).