The upcoming massive multiplayer space game " Star Citizen" launched its Alpha 3.3 update on Wednesday and included a number of new additions including the expected "face and the voice "over the internet protocols" that maps a player's facial expressions over their avatar in the game.
The new feature was developed with Faceware Technologies and works via a player's webcam. It is available to all players in the Star Citizen's continuing test universe.
"Star Citizen" also received a major technological upgrade today via Object Container Streaming, a processing tool that controls how much of its massive game world is loaded by a player's CPU. Technology is important because it enables quick creation of future content and sites said Cloud Imperium Games said.
"I'm so proud of the work the team has done to deliver Object Container Streaming and Face over IP to all of our backers. They are both massive technical milestones and large parts of spinal technology for Star Citizen and Squadron 42, which we have been working for well over a year. Object Container Power Test Results have been good and we have seen a significant increase in client average image frequencies and memory usage, while some players see frame prices in the three-phase, says Cloud Imperium Games CEO and project manager Chris Roberts.
Alpha 3.3 Update also adds 10 new and reworked cars to the game, along with more weapons and armor. They include:
- A "straight to movable" ship – Anvil Valkyrie, a dropship that allows players to easily distribute hillfields or vehicles over long distances. This ship marks one of the first times "Star Citizen" players can obtain and fly a ship immediately after the announcement.
- Aegis Hammerhead, a capital aid ship with many manned towers for extra firepower when you want to pack a punch with a party.
- A complete rework of all four variants of the Consolidated Outland Mustang, giving one of Star Citizens' iconic "launchers" different versions for easy shipping, reconstruction, racing and dogfighting.
- RSI Constellation Phoenix, a luxurious touring variant of the popular exploration well, equipped with such creatures as the whirlpool and playing piano.
- Four variants of Tumbril Cyclone that extend this ground the vehicle's use for anti-aircraft, reconnaissance, racing and military.
- A new gun, Kastak Arms Karna, a powerful assault rifle with loaded shot features for extra firepower.
- Two new Hurricane firearms that give players even more dogfighting firepower.